Barambee Portable Brix Refractometer for Homebrew Beer Wort Wine Fruit Sugar – Dual Scale, 0-32% Brix, 1.000-1.130 Specific Gravity Hydrometer with ATC – Handheld, Accessories IncludedMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- ✔ MULTI-USE – Ideal for homebrew, winemaking, fruit making, gardening purposes, and homemade beverages.
- ✔ PORTABLE – Convenient to keep up and carry around. Compact size and lightweight.
- ✔ DUAL SCALE – The Portable Brix Refractometer can measure brix between 0-32% and specific gravity between 1.000-1.130 at the same time.
- ✔ AUTOMATIC TEMPERATURE COMPENSATION – Makes it even easier to get fast results.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
More: Recent Amazon Finds