CellarScience Dry Yeast – Cali (500 g) from MoreBeerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The classic American ale strain. Famous for its clean, neutral flavor and its ability to be used in any style. Emphasizes malt and hops. Attenuates well.
Every batch is PCR tested to ensure contamination free yeast.
Use at a rate of 60-100 grams per barrel, depending on wort temperature and gravity.
Sanitize yeast brick and scissors. Use 10 grams of sterilized tap water, between 85-95°F, per gram of yeast. Sprinkle yeast onto water. Allow slurry to stand undisturbed for 20 minutes and then swirl. Use small amounts of wort to adjust to within 10 degrees of wort temp before pitching.
Proper hydratrion is always recommended but is most critical in high gravity worts above 16°P.
- Obviously homebrewers aren’t usually pitching 500 grams of yeast per batch
- For comparison, Safale US-05 comes in a 11.5 gram size for homebrew use.
- If you were to break this up as needed into 11.5 gram pitches, you would get just over 43 pitches of yeast.
- $59.99/43 = $1.39 per batch
Limited Availability Deal of the Day: As of this posting, this is marked down to $59.99 as a MoreBeer Deal of the Day. Shipping is also free to addresses in the contiguous US with most $59 Orders. Availability: This is available today only, while supplies last. Quantities are limited. Check the MoreBeer’s Deal of the Day to check today’s offering.
Product Description – Here – Use coupon code BEERDEAL to get this discount.
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
- Hundreds of Sale Items: ALL Sale and Clearance – By Category – Sort by: Most Popular | Best Rated
- The Hop Market – rotating, deep discount hops!
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds