As of this posting and for a limited time, Thermoworks has discounted a good selection of infrared thermometers as part of an open box sale. Prices start at just $23. Note that you must use the private open box sale page to get these deals. Check ThermoWorks for current selection, prices and availability.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page, sale page or ThermoWorks Sale Page for up to the minute description, price and availability.
See Our Most Recent ThermoWorks Finds:
- Ends Soon: ThermoWorks ChefAlarm Thermometer/Timer Combo – Save 20% + Hand…
- Hands On Review: ThermoWorks ChefAlarm Thermometer and Timer + Limited Time Deal
- ThermoWorks ChefAlarm Thermometer/Timer Combo – Save 20% + Hands on Review
- Ends Today: ThermoWorks Timer Sale – 25% Off!
- Flash Sale: ThermoWorks Timer Sale – 25% Off!
- Announcing: ThermoWorks DASH!
- A Great Homebrew Thermometer – ThermoWorks RT600C Super Fast Thermometer +…
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
Want to Save Even More? Save an Additional 10% on ThermoWorks Purchases!