TOOGOO Portable Sugar Content Tester Beer Wort Wine Refractometer, Dual Scale – Specific Gravity 1.000-1.120 Brix 0-32%, Replaces Homebrew Hydrometer (Aluminum)More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Dual range refractometer measures the Brix and Specific Gravity of your Wort or wine.Measures Brix: 0-32% and Specific Gravity: 1.000-1.120
- Sturdy design, compact in size and light in weight, convenient to keep up and carry around.
- Simply use the dropper to take a sample of wort and put it on the prism.
- ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation) for accurate readings. 50 ~86 Fahrenheit (10~30 Celsius).Offers you the ability to take your readings with Specific Gravity and Brix.
- Package Contents: 1 x Refractometer ; 1 x Plastic Pipette ; 1 x Mini Screw Driver ; 1 x User Manual ; 1 x Cleaning Cloth ; 1 x Carry Case
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
With the aid of calculators – get a Free Non-Expiring Brewfather Trial Account – Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process.