Eagle 1610MB Blue High Density Polyethylene Lab Pack Drum with Metal Lever-lock Lid, 14 gallon Capacity, 26.5″ Height, 15″ DiameterMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Lab pack drum comes with a plastic lid and can be used to store, transport, and dispose of small, intact containers of hazardous materials and help contain spills
- Made of blue HDPE, which weighs less than steel, is resistant to dents, punctures, and certain chemicals, and may be incinerated
- Metal lever-lock ring can be used to secure the lid to the drum
- Has 14-gallon storage capacity; weighs 8 lb.; measures approximately 26-1/2″ high and 15″ in diameter
- Meets DOT regulation 173.12 and UN standards concerning the packaging and shipping of hazardous materials
Possible homebrew uses includes: Conversion for use a fermenter, grain storage and water collection
I estimate 5 lbs per gallon for grain storage capacity. At 14 gallons that would figure to approximately 70 lbs of grain storage capacity. That’s an estimate.
What are Other’s Saying? Search this product’s Amazon reviews for “fermenter” AND “brew”
9/8/19 11 PM Central: This is selling for just $29.91. That’s $4.73 shy of the best historical direct from Amazon price I found, notwithstanding Lighting Deals or coupons. Shipping is also free to many US addresses. Prices, shipping and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit Amazon. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.
Eagle 1610MB Blue High Density Polyethylene Lab Pack Drum with Metal Lever-lock Lid, 14 gallon Capacity, 26.5″ Height, 15″ Diameter – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Also: Search Amazon for Food Safe Airlock Grommet
More: Recent Amazon Finds
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.