TOOGOO Portable Sugar Content Tester Beer Wort Wine Refractometer, Dual Scale – Specific Gravity 1.000-1.120 Brix 0-32%, Replaces Homebrew Hydrometer (Aluminum)More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Dual range refractometer measures the Brix and Specific Gravity of your Wort or wine.Measures Brix: 0-32% and Specific Gravity: 1.000-1.120
- Sturdy design, compact in size and light in weight, convenient to keep up and carry around.
- Simply use the dropper to take a sample of wort and put it on the prism.
- ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation) for accurate readings. 50 ~86 Fahrenheit (10~30 Celsius).Offers you the ability to take your readings with Specific Gravity and Brix.
- Package Contents: 1 x Refractometer ; 1 x Plastic Pipette ; 1 x Mini Screw Driver ; 1 x User Manual ; 1 x Cleaning Cloth ; 1 x Carry Case
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
Pinned: Black Friday Roundup! – Amazon Black Friday – Keg Rebuild
More: Recent Amazon Finds