The Barley Crusher Grain Mill via Adventures in Homebrewing. I’ve used the Barley Crusher for years and years. I couldn’t find the order confirmation, but I got it sometime in 2010. It’s a great mill.
Milling your own grain… 1. Gives you control over the crush of your grain. That’s a big factor in efficiency. A mill allows you to fine tune for your equipment and process. 2. A mill allows you to save money by buying whole bags of grain. 3. Freshly milled grain = better tasting beer. and… 4. Mad street cred… 🙂About the Barley Crusher
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The Original Barley Crusher MaltMill, the “Home Brewer’s Best Friend” has proven to be just that. A high quality grain mill constructed using materials that will last a lifetime, 1018 Cold Rolled Steel for the rollers, 6061 Aluminum for the mill body and hopper, tool steel for the axles with Oil Impregnated bronze bushings.
Base easily fits a 5 gallon bucket.
Precision machining with Quality Control and a LifeTime Warranty assures the homebrewer that this will be the only grain mill they will ever purchase!
- Rollers are adjustable at both ends to keep the gap spacing parallel giving a uniform crush along the entire length of the rollers.
- The gap default setting is marked and set at .039 at assembly. Adjustment range is from .015 to .070 thousands of an inch.
- The rollers have a 12 TPI knurl to efficiently pull the grain through the rollers while leaving the hull intact to form an excellent filter bed for sparging.
- Comes with a solid base with locators to center the Barley Crusher on a 5 gallon plastic pail. (Pail not included)
- The standard hopper holds an even 7 pounds and the optional large hopper holds 15 pounds. Using a 3/8 drillmotor at 500 RPM gives you a crush rate of 6 pounds a minute making the big grain bills fast and easy.
- The Barley Crusher is shipped fully assembled. There are no adapters needed to use a 3/8 drill motor.
- The Barley Crusher is NOT designed for cracking/milling corn
As of this posting, this combo is marked down $34.99 to $122. Check product page for current price, description and availability.
Hands on Review!
More: Recent AIH Finds