Blichmann Engineering has introduced two Spunding Valve Builds. An NPT version and a tri-clamp version.More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
Reap the benefits of fermenting under pressure! Pressurized fermentation is a great option for creating lager-like flavor profiles at room temperature, without the hassle of temperature control. And you’ll complete your fermentations faster and easier than traditional fermentation methods. What’s more, you can even capture carbonation for naturally carbonated beers! The Blichmann Engineering™ Spunding Valve is purpose built for homebrewers to control your pressures with exacting precision. Research by Blichmann Engineering™ and White Labs shows significant reduction of esters (fruity flavors found in most ales) and low levels of diacetyl, by fermenting under pressure. Start fermenting under pressure easily with the Blichmann Spunding Valve!
- Ferment under pressure to produce clean, low ester, lager-like beers.
- Extremely fine adjustments from 0 to 35 psi, and superb pressure stability.
- Suitable for vessels up to 42 gal (1BBL batch size).
- Perfect for naturally carbonating your beers.
- Use for counter-pressure transfers.
- NPT model is perfect for the Blichmann Engineering™ Cornical™ Unitank.
- Integral blow-off barb fitting adds a visual indication of fermentation if desired.
A Spunding Valve allows you to ferment under pressure, naturally and precisely carbonate in the keg, fix over-carbonated beers and lots more. See: Build a Spunding Valve – for loads of information on building and using a Spunding Valve.
Great Fermentations is quick to pick up Blichmann gear. They currently have both versions. Prices start at $69.99 and both fall under GF’s flat rate shipping promo. Check site for current availability and pricing.
- 1.5 IN. TRI-CLAMP SPUNDING VALVE FOR PRESSURIZED FERMENTATION BY BLICHMANN ENGINEERING
- 1/2 IN. NPT SPUNDING VALVE FOR PRESSURIZED FERMENTATION BY BLICHMANN ENGINEERING
Homebrew Finds is Spunding Central!
- Build a Spunding Valve! – How and Why << a top resource on the subject
More: Recent Great Deals