XuanYue Barley Grinder Crusher 3-Roller Grain Mill
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Hand-Cranked & Electric Drill–The mill can be cranked with the help of electric drill.It can greatly improve the working efficiency.
- 6061 aluminum block frame with three 6″ long x 1.5″ dia.knurled steel rollers riding on SAE 841 oil- impregnated bronze bushings.
- Dual eccentric adjusters made with stainless steel for no galling.
- Easy to adjustment-Just loosen the adjustment screws,adjust the gap and tighten the adjustment screws.
- This 3-Roller barley crusher can use with malted various grains,corn.Great for beer making at home.
Some thoughts about crush… Crush is a pretty big deal when it comes to efficiency. Homebrew shops have a tendency to under mill grain. I think the reason for that is ease of use, with the thinking that a more coarse crush equals few stuck mashes and more happy customers. I guess it’s possible that a shop mill could over mill grain too. The point is, when you’re using someone else’s mill, it’s up to them how you mill your grain.
Milling your own grain… 1. Gives you control over the crush of your grain. That’s a big factor in efficiency. 2. A mill allows you to fine tune for your equipment and process. You know what the crush is going to be since you set it. 3. A mill allows you to save money by buying whole bags of grain at a discount, and 3. The shelf life of unmilled grain is longer than pre-milled grain. Freshly milled grain = better tasting beer.
More: Recent Amazon Finds