TENDOMI Digital Kitchen Scale/Food Scale Slim Multifunction Compact Scale for Baking Cooking with LCD Display, 11 lbs/5 kg Capacity, Precision Measuring, Stainless Steel (Batteries Included)More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- HIGH ACCURACY: quickly and accurately weigh foods thanks to 4 high precision sensors; easily switch between 5 measuring units (ml, oz, lb, tl, g) via an easy-to-read LCD screen; weighs up to 11 lb/5 Kg in 0.1 oz/1 g division
- SMART TARE FEATURE: the tare function helps easily weigh liquid or powdered ingredients in a container by automatically subtracting the weight of the container; causes no contamination when cooking or baking
- AUTO-OFF FUNCTION: the kitchen weighing scale turns off automatically after 2 minutes of idle time, effectively saving energy; or you can press the power button for a while to shut cooking scale down; Powered by 2 AAA batteries (included)
- SLIM COMPACT SIZE: its slim-profile, lightweight and small design makes this baking scale easy to carry and store, saving space for the rest of your kitchen essentials; sleek design in a refined stainless steel finish adds a modern touch to your kitchen
- USER-FRIENDLY: blue protective film on the surface effectively prevents your small lovely scale from scratch before arrival, please take it off before you use this food scale; smooth stainless steel surface is fingerprint-proof and easy to clean/maintain; 4 bottom pads protect your tabletop from being scratched
Tare Function: Tare allows you to subtract the weight of the container you’re using to get a true weight of the contents. Add your empty container to the scale and press the tare button. This zeros out the scale. Now add the thing you’re weighing and the scale displays just the weight of the contents of your container. In my opinion the tare function is essential for any good homebrewing scale.
11 lb/5 kg capacity. .1oz/1 gram resolution. Give the specs of this scale it should work for grain, hops, other brewing ingredients and more.
A smaller scale can work for all grain brewers, as you can weigh any amount of grain in multiple batches, but if you’re a large batch all grain brewer or regularly brew all grain batches with larger grain bills you may want to consider a two scale approach, one more precise scale for hops and a larger capacity scale for larger grain bills. A couple scales to consider:
- Hands On Review: American Weigh 100g x 0.01g Digital Scale
- Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale [Grain] With Removable Face
More: Recent Amazon Finds