From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- ACCURATE READINGS WITH ATC: Hand Held Refractometer with Automatic Temperature Compensation (50°F ~86°F (10°C~30°C)), easy to read accurately the result.
- ACCURATE READING: The Brix refractometer can measure brix between 0-32%±0.2% and Specific Gravity between 1.000-1.130, Brix Accuracy: +/-0.2%
- PORTABLE SUGAR CONTENT TESTER: Easy to use,sturdy design, compact in size and light in weight, convenient to keep up and carry around
- Easy USE: Using the dropper to take a sample of wort and put it on the prism. Then hold the refractometer up to the light and look scale through the eyepiece, more accurate to measure sugars in verities of melon, fruits or juice
- WIDE USE: The refractometer is ideal for Home Brew, Wine making, Agricultural, Gardening & Educational Purposes, sugar content
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.