Bootleg Biology Backyard Yeast Wrangling Tool Kit. About, from Adventures in Homebrewing: “Capture and Isolate Local Wild Yeasts! This tool kit is great for brewers who are interested in creating sour beers. Propagating local yeast strains can highlight unqiue attributes in your beer, creating a truly unique and unforgettable beer!
The Backyard Yeast Wrangling Tool Kit from Bootleg Biology includes all the essential equipment an experimental homebrewer needs to begin collecting, culturing, and isolating local wild yeast strains. Bootleg Biology also provides detailed instructions on the entire process; from capturing wild bugs, creating agar plates, culturing and propagating yeast, isolating yeast strains, and contributing. Each Backyard Yeast Wrangling Tool Kit includes a Local Yeast Project Contributor Pack so you can bank your viable wild yeast. Simply send a swab in the pre-paid postage envelope to store your local yeast at the Bootleg Biology Laboratory Yeast Bank Freezer, ensuring you can keep using your phenomenal local yeast strain.”
Included in Backyard Yeast Wrangling Tool Kit:
- Half Gallon Mason Jar
- 18 g Agar Blend (enough for 10 petri dishes)
- 10 Sterile 60mm Petri Dishes
- 6 Test Tubes and Pipettes
- 8 Steril Cotton Swabs
- Parafilm (1′ roll)
- 1 Bootleg Inoculation Loop (paper clip)
- 2 Fermetrics stickers (helps track fermentation data)
- Contributor Pack (includes 2 swabs & a stamped envelope)
- Detailed Instruction Book and Web-Based Content
As of this posting, AIH these setup for $49. Check the product page for up to the minute price, description and availability.
Stacks With: For a limited time AIH is discounting most orders of $49 or more by 13%. That makes this combo $43.49.
- Finding the “Conan Strain” of Yeast – Vermont IPA
- Finding Harder To Find Yeast Strains – Bootleg Biology, The Yeast Bay, East Coast Yeast and More
More: Recent AIH Finds