Crisp Maris Otter 10 lb by Crisp Malting Group
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Color °l: 2.5 – 4.0º
- Origin: united kingdom
- Recognized worldwide as the benchmark barley for the best ale malt
“The variety Maris Otter was bred and developed in the 1960’s by Dr GDH Bell at the Plant Breeding Institute in Cambridge by crossing the varieties Proctor and Pioneer and has become one of the most enduring malting varieties in the history of modern barley cultivation. Maris Otter has been grown for malting for more than 45 years and its pedigree and track record of delivering, year after year, consistent, processable and flavorful malt is unsurpassed. Crisp Malting Maris Otter is grown under contact by selected Norfolk farmers and is recognized worldwide as the benchmark barley for the best ale malt. In malting, as with brewing, the importance and the quality of raw materials cannot be underestimated. The reliability of Maris Otter malt quality has allowed brewers to develop, stabilize and maintain many of the world famous English cask conditioned ale brands we know today.”.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for current description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
More All Grain!
- All Grain Tips & Gear
- 10 Gallon Mash Tun Conversion Kit – Review
- Grain Mill Reviews
- All Grain Related Reviews
- Batch Sparge Spreadsheet | BIAB Brew Day Spreadsheet
- The Brew Bag – Purpose Made BIAB
- Get a Deal on Bulk Malt via MoreBeer: Viking 2-Row Pale Malt, Viking Xtra Pale Malt, Viking Wheat Malt – and Viking Pilsner Malt – all sell for $10.99/10 lbs, unmilled. 5 x $10.99 = $54.95 for 50 lbs of grain. To sweeten the deal shipping is free with a qualifying $59 order. Check product links for current price & availability.
More: Recent Amazon Finds