TaoTronics Meat Thermometer Instant Read Food Cooking Thermometer, 40% Larger Screen, Protective Sheath
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Wide temperature measuring range: measures objects accurately as cold as -50 °C up to temperatures as hot as 420 °C. Includes instant switching between Celsius and Fahrenheit for your convenience. Ideal for chefs, cooks, repair-people and technicians.
- Increased precision with adjustable emissivity: depending on the subject, adjust the emissivity from 0.1 to 1. Contains Max, Min, DIF (difference) and AVG (average) mode for more precision.
- Protective temperature alarm: you can adjust the alarms (low and high) as required. When the alarm sounds the measurement of the temperature is outside the pre-set range. Helps to identify temperature problems in need of repair.
- Easy and direct operation: gently press on the trigger to activate a laser beam and measure a temperature. Enjoy an incredibly fast response of 0.5 seconds.
- Low battery display: always know how much battery is left. To make the included 9V alkaline battery last longer, the backlight can be switched off.
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
Pinned: Black Friday Roundup! – Amazon Black Friday – Keg Rebuild
More: Recent Amazon Finds