Rogue’s “Pacman” Yeast Strain is available to homebrewers via Wyeast 1764
From the AIH’s product description, link below, check product page for current description, price and availability:
Species : Ale
- Fermentation Temp Range (°F) : 60-72
- Apparent Attenuation Range (%) : 72-78
- Flocculation : Medium-High
- Alcohol Tolerance : 12%
Pitching/Fermentation : John Maier (Rogue Brewmaster) says it loves a 60 degree ferment. Pacman is alcohol tolerant, flocculent, attenuates well and will produce beers with little to no diacetyl.
Notes : Very mild fruit complements a dry, mineral finish making this a fairly neutral strain. Pacman’s flavor profile and performance makes it a great choice for use in many different beer styles.
Best Styles : American Pale Ale, American Amber Ale, American Brown Ale, Brown Porter, Cream Ale, Irish Red Ale, Strong Scotch Ale, Dry Stout, American Stout, Russian Imperial Stout, American IPA, Imperial IPA, American Barleywine, Fruit Beer, Spice/Herb/or Vegetable Beer, Christmas/Winter Specialty Spice Beer, Other Smoked Beer, Wood-Aged Beer
- Finding the “Conan Strain” of Yeast – Vermont IPA
- Finding Harder To Find Yeast Strains – Bootleg Biology, The Yeast Bay, East Coast Yeast and More
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!