Push to Connect style fittings are used in plumbing, to install water filter systems. to install drink dispensers and more. Some fittings are for liquids only and some are suitable for use in gas applications.
For whatever reason, I generally find it difficult to find the push to connect style fitting I’m looking for. Getting the exact fitting, that actually works has been elusive to me. There are a good number of manufacturers, the products have different applications and there are just lot of models available.
This post is about a fitting that can convert your ball or pin lock 1/4″ MFL QD to 1/4″ push to connect.
This fitting is a John Guest Female Flare to 1/4″ Tube model # MI4508F4SLFThis installs on MFL ball or pin lock QDs. Here it is installed on my ball lock gas QD. You could just as easily install this on a 1/4″ MFL pin lock QD.Here’s the fitting on an inline secondary regulator – via William’s Brewing | via MoreBeer – that uses 1/4″ push to connect style fittings.Here’s a setup using this fitting
If you’re interested in technical specifications – here is the product page via John Guest. Note that that page covers all size of this fitting, not just the 1/4″ to 1/4″ variant
If you’re looking for this fitting, use the searches below and look for this exact model number and make sure the description reads 1/4″ female flare x 1/4″ tube
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- 1 lb Columbus (CTZ) Pellet Hops – $11.99, Save $10/lb
- Intertap Growler Filler + Tubing – $8.64 + free prime ship
- 1 lb CITRA Whole Cone Hops – $21.99 + free shipping
- Gile House Brew Supply EZ Transfer Pump Connection Kit w/Silicone Hose and Stain…
- Buy a Mark II Keg and Carboy Washer – Get a FREE $25 Gift Card + FREE Ship…
- The Comic Book Story of Beer Kindle Edition – $4.99
- Last Call, Ends Tonight: Extra 13% Off Adventures in Homebrewing + Stacking Sale…
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.