EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Easy to use multifunction home scale – Perfect for cooks, dieters and families
- Max weight 11lbs; Displays ounces/lbs/grams/kgs; Graduation .05 oz / 1 gram
- Tare feature eliminates the weight of a plate; 3 Minute Auto-Shutoff lets you prepare ingredients while maintaining battery life
Tare Function: Tare allows you to subtract the weight of the container you’re using to get a true weight of the contents. Add your empty container to the scale and press the tare button. This zeros out the scale. Now add the thing you’re weighing and the scale displays just the weight of the contents of your container. In my opinion the tare function is essential for any good homebrewing scale.
Things I like about this scale… It uses (easy to find) AAA batteries. It has the Tare Feature. That allows you to essentially zero out your container to get a true picture of the weight of the contents. Given the specs on this scale, it should work for grain, hops, other brewing ingredients and more.
A smaller scale can work for all grain brewers, as you can weigh any amount of grain in multiple batches, but if you’re a large batch all grain brewer or regularly brew all grain batches with larger grain bills you may want to consider a two scale approach, one more precise scale for hops and a larger capacity scale for larger grain bills. A couple scales to consider:
- Hands On Review: American Weigh 100g x 0.01g Digital Scale
- Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale [Grain] With Removable Face