AMIR Digital Kitchen Scale, 500g/0.01g Mini Pocket Jewelry Scale, Cooking Food Scale with Backlit LCD Display, 2 Trays, 6 Units, Auto Off, Tare, PCS Function, Stainless Steel, Battery Included, BlackMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- High-Precision & Wide Range: AMIR kitchen scale built with high precision sensor system, provides you with instant and accurate results from 0.05g to 500g. Easy to clean and use, make it an ideal to measure jewelry, medicine, and cooking ingredients with refined accuracy.
- Superior Quality Materials: The Smart Digital Pocket Scale is crafted to be strong, accurate, fast, and user-friendly. Constructed with a high-quality stainless steel platform and ABS plastic frame, this digital kitchen scale is durable and easy to clean.
- Smart Button Functions: The “PCS” function enables you pieces counting such as pins, beads, screws; The “T” function will provide a net weight; The “M” function helps you choose the proper unit. The switch time can be set to 60″, 120″ and 180″. Besides, it can alert users for low battery power, overload, and uneven surface placement.
- Stylish Design & Space Saver: Minimalistic and elegant design, the food scale’s mini and compact size (Product Dimensions: 4″ x 5″ x 3/4″. Platform Dimensions: 4″x4″) takes up minimal space on your desk, makes it a pro pocket scale makes it easy for carrying.
- Multi-Functions: Built with a clear blue back-lit LCD screen, the cooking scale can convert measurement results between in g, tl, oz, ct, and gn in seconds. Comes with two trays (13cm, 10cm), which can be used as protectors or scale trays. Meet your demand of measuring different things.
Tare Function: Tare allows you to subtract the weight of the container you’re using to get a true weight of the contents. Add your empty container to the scale and press the tare button. This zeros out the scale. Now add the thing you’re weighing and the scale displays just the weight of the contents of your container. In my opinion the tare function is essential for any good homebrewing scale.
Given the specs of this scale, it should work for weighing hops, water salts, smaller amounts of specialty grains (500 grams is about 17.6 ounces or just over a pound) and other brewing ingredients.\
A smaller scale can work for all grain brewers, as you can weigh any amount of grain in multiple batches, but if you’re a large batch all grain brewer or regularly brew all grain batches with larger grain bills you may want to consider a two scale approach, one more precise scale for hops and a larger capacity scale for larger grain bills. A couple scales to consider:
- Hands On Review: American Weigh 100g x 0.01g Digital Scale
- Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale [Grain] With Removable Face
More: Recent Amazon Finds