0-32% Brix Refractometer, RISEPRO for Homebrew, Beer Wort Refractometer Dual Scale Specific Gravity 1.000-1.120 and Automatic Temperature CompensationMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- HELPS YOU BREW BETTER – RISEPRO® Refractometer can measure Brix and Specific Gravity with dual scales for your Wort or Wine. It helps to approximate the finished alcohol readings. Let it helps you to brew better!
- MEASURES SUGAR CONTENT – It can measure sugar content for any juice such as fruit, vegetables, grasses and etc. for up to 32% brix. What a fantastic Sugar Measuring Tool for Food and Beverages field!
- EASY TO MEASURE WITH DUAL SCALES – All you need to do is place 2 – 3 drops of sample onto the prism, and then look through the eyepiece for both Brix and Specific Gravity readings.
- MEASUREMENT RANGE : BRIX 0 – 32% and Wort Specific Gravity: 1.000 ~ 1.130
- HIGHLY ACCURATE WITH ATC – The accuracy level is Brix: ± 0.20% and Wort Specific Gravity: ±0.002. Automatic Temperature Compensation range is from10 °C to 30 °C
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.