14 Gallon Drum – Eagle 1610MB – [Grain Storage, Water Collection, Fermentation]
Eagle 1610MB Blue High Density Polyethylene Lab Pack Drum with Metal Lever-lock Lid, 14 gallon Capacity, 26.5″ Height, 15″ Diameter
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Lab pack drum comes with a plastic lid and can be used to store, transport, and dispose of small, intact containers of hazardous materials and help contain spills
- Made of blue HDPE, which weighs less than steel, is resistant to dents, punctures, and certain chemicals, and may be incinerated
- Metal lever-lock ring can be used to secure the lid to the drum
- Has 14-gallon storage capacity; weighs 8 lb.; measures approximately 26-1/2″ high and 15″ in diameter
- Meets DOT regulation 173.12 and UN standards concerning the packaging and shipping of hazardous materials
Possible homebrew uses includes: Conversion for use a fermenter, grain storage and water collection
I estimate 5 lbs per gallon for grain storage capacity. At 14 gallons that would figure to approximately 70 lbs of grain storage capacity. That’s an estimate.
What are Other’s Saying? Search this product’s Amazon reviews for “fermenter” AND “brew”
Eagle 1610MB Blue High Density Polyethylene Lab Pack Drum with Metal Lever-lock Lid, 14 gallon Capacity, 26.5″ Height, 15″ Diameter – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Also: Search Amazon for Food Safe Airlock Grommet
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.