The American Homebrewers Association (See: Why you should be a member of the AHA! | AHA Membership Deals) has announced the results of their annual poll of Zymurgy Magazine readers to determine the Best Beers in America.
Russian River’s Pliny the Elder held the top spot for 8 consecutive years. Last year, it was unseated from the number one spot by Bell’s Two Hearted Ale. #1 and #2 beers are repeats for last years poll.
Top 10 Beers [Along with some clone options]…
- 1. Bell’s Two Hearted Ale* – Bell’s now offers homebrew kits for Two Hearted! This is a direct from the brewery recipe!
- 2. Russian River Pliny the Elder* – MoreBeer’s Pliny the Elder | See: Brewing Pliny – This is a direct from the brewery recipe!
- 3. The Alchemist Heady Topper* -“Topped with Hops” (Extract – All Grain) | GigaYeast Vermont IPA Yeast
- 4. Bell’s Hopslam* – Bell’s now offers homebrew kits for Hopslam! This is a direct from the brewery recipe!
- T5. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale* – Cali Mountain Pale Ale via MoreBeer
- T5. Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout)
- T5. Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)
- 8. Three Floyds Zombie Dust* – Zombie Dust Clones at Austin Homebrew
- 9. Founders Breakfast Stout – AIH Clone
- T10. WeldWerks Juicy Bits*
- T10. Founders All Day IPA – Founder’s All Day IPA Clones at Austin Homebrew Supply
Note: T indicates a tie, All breweries marked with an asterisk (*) are small and independent craft brewers
Check out the complete list Zymurgy’s 2018 Best Beers in America Results
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!