Bel-Art Spinbar Teflon Octagon Magnetic Stirring Bar; 25.4 x 9.5mm, White (F37110-0138)
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Octagonal shape creates more turbulence and a stronger vortex than a round, cylindrical shape or a polygonal shape
- Teflon (PTFE) casing is chemically inert, can be used with corrosive chemicals, and helps reduce friction and wear while spinning
- Built-in pivot ring helps reduce vibration and wear during stirring
- Internal magnet made from alnico V, an alloy of aluminum, nickel, iron, and cobalt
- Casing material is FDA approved for use in food, drug, and cosmetic applications
Why a Stir Plate? The constant motion of a stir plate integrates oxygen, puts yeast in constant contact with nutrients, relieves built up CO2 and generally helps yeast to grow more rapidly. That also means smaller starters.
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
More: Recent Amazon Finds