Bel-Art Spinbar Teflon Octagon Magnetic Stirring Bar; 25.4 x 9.5mm, White (F37110-0138)
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Octagonal shape creates more turbulence and a stronger vortex than a round, cylindrical shape or a polygonal shape
- Teflon (PTFE) casing is chemically inert, can be used with corrosive chemicals, and helps reduce friction and wear while spinning
- Built-in pivot ring helps reduce vibration and wear during stirring
- Internal magnet made from alnico V, an alloy of aluminum, nickel, iron, and cobalt
- Casing material is FDA approved for use in food, drug, and cosmetic applications
Why a Stir Plate? The constant motion of a stir plate integrates oxygen, puts yeast in constant contact with nutrients, relieves built up CO2 and generally helps yeast to grow more rapidly. That also means smaller starters.