A Spunding Valve allows you to maintain a set pressure. If pressure in the vessel exceeds the set point, it is expelled. It generally consists of an adjustable PRV valve, a tee, a gauge and a way to connect to your keg. Read lots and lots more about Spunding Valves, ways to use them and different build options on our Spunding Valve Resource Post
Cheapest Option: Generally speaking, the brass variations of the fittings featured in our various Spunding Valve builds are probably going to be the most economical route to go. This is a general statement and may not always be the case. Check product pages for current prices and availability.
Components – all parts via Amazon:
Product pages may display other size variations of the fittings used here. If a particular size is out of stock, sometimes suppliers link to another size. All thread sizes for this build, both NPT and barbs, are 1/4″.
- Control Devices CR Series Brass Pressure Relief Valve, 0-100 psi Adjustable Pressure Range, 1/4″ Male NPT
- Zenport DPG60 Zen-Tek Dry Air Pressure Gauge, 60 PSI
- Anderson Metals 56101 Brass Pipe Fitting, Barstock Tee, 1/4″ x 1/4″ x 1/4″ NPT Female Pipe – OR Brass Combo, below
- Anderson Metals 57001 Brass Hose Fitting, Adapter, 1/4″ Barb x 1/4″ NPT Male Pipe (* sizing note) – OR Brass Combo, below
- Dixon Valve TTB75 PTFE Industrial Sealant Tape, -212 to 500 Degree F Temperature Range, 3.5mil Thick, 520″ Length, 3/4″ Width, White – or similar
Brass Combo – This package gets you two brass tees and two brass barbs: WYNNsky Metals Brass Pipe Fitting Barstock Tee 2 PCS 1/4″ x 1/4″ x 1/4″ NPT Female Pipe 2 PCS 1/4″ NPT X 1/4″ Hose ID Brass Hose Barb Fittings – this combo would replace the two Anderson Metals Fittings above
Homebrew Finds is Spunding Central! Check our related resources and more detailed builds
- Build a Spunding Valve! – How and Why
- Spunding Valve Build: Using Primefit CR1401G Replacement Air Regulator
- Hands on Review: Kegland BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve!
- Using a Keg as a CO2 Source for Portable Serving!
Pinned: Black Friday Roundup! – Amazon Black Friday – Keg Rebuild
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.