Yeast Starter Deluxe Setup from Adventures in HomebrewingMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The most important part of brewing is high quality active yeast. The best way to ensure you have active yeast is to build a yeast starter and proper knowledge of how yeast affects your batches of beer. This kit includes everything you will need to build a quality starter and ensure a fast start to your fermentation and now includes Yeast: A Practical Guide to Fermentation for a serious understanding of the processes the yeast undertake during fermentation.
- includes Yeast: A Practical Guide to Fermentation, an in-depth analysis of yeast and its role in fermentation.
- One 2000ML Erlenmeyer Flask
- Keeper Magnet (keeps your stir bar in place while pitching your yeast)
- Bung and “S” Shape Airlock
- One Wax Glass Marker
- Stir Starter Stir Plate
- Anti Foam Drops
- One Pound Light Dry Malt Extract
Building a starter is nothing more than making a small batch of beer. I like to use the anti foam drops to ensure I do not have a boil over on my stove. The wax marker is perfect for dating and identifying the yeast used. Be sure to dive into your Yeast book, a great resource for truly understanding what’s going on in your beer!
Note from HBF: I’ve used the StirStarter for years and it has worked very well for me. I can wholeheartedly recommend it to you.
- StirStarter Stir Plate – via Valuebrew – includes free shipping to US addresses
- Hands on Review: StirStarter Stir Plate!
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
More: Recent AIH Finds