RSG-100ATCd Dual Scale Refractometer from National Industrial Supply
- 0-32% Brix Scale / 1.000-1.130 Wort Specific Gravity
- Accurate to +/- 0.20% Brix / +/- 0.001 Wort Specific Gravity
- Scale Divisions: 0.20% / 0.001 Wort Specific Gravity
- Automatic Temperature Compensation (ATC)
- Sturdy design, made of lightweight machined Aluminum, not “carbon” plastic
- Comes GRAY HEAVY DUTY PLASTIC, FOAM-LINED HARD CASE, with a calibration screwdriver, Wiping Cloth, Plastic Transfer Pipette and Users Guide
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
With the aid of calculators – get a Free Non-Expiring Brewfather Trial Account – Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process.
As of this posting NIS has this for $16.99. Shipping is free to most US addresses. Check product page for up to the minute price and availability.