Duel Scale Refractometer from Ade Advanced OpticsMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Ade Advanced Optics-Dual range refractometer measures the Brix and Specific Gravity of your Wort or wine.. Measures Brix: 0-32% and Specific Gravity:1.000-1.120
- Features ATC (Automatic Temperature Compensation) for accurate readings.
- A refractometer is easier and more accurate than a hydrometer for measuring sugars.
- Measures Brix: 0-32% and Specific Gravity:1.000-1.120
- 2 Years warranty!
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
What are others saying? Search this product’s Amazon reviews for “homebrew”
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
Pinned: Black Friday Roundup! – Amazon Black Friday – Keg Rebuild
More: Recent Amazon Finds