The American Homebrewers Association (See: Why you should be a member of the AHA! | our AHA Tag – for recent deals) has announced the results of their annual poll of Zymurgy Magazine readers to determine the Best Beers in America.
Russian River’s Pliny the Elder has finally (after 8 consecutive years) has finally been unseated from the number one spot. This great beer has plummeted one spot to number two. 🙂
Top 10 Beers (T indicates tie) [Along with some clone options]…
- 1. Bell’s Two Hearted Ale – MoreBeer’s I Heart IPA (Extract – All Grain)
- 2. Russian River Pliny the Elder – MoreBeer’s Pliny the Elder | See: Brewing Pliny
- 3. Founders Breakfast Stout – AIH Clone
- 4. Three Floyds Zombie Dust – Great Fermentations Brain Eater” Pale Ale (Extract – All Grain) | See: Brewing “Brain Eater” and MoreBeer’s Soulless Hop Pale Ale (Extract – All Grain)
- 5. Bell’s Hopslam – AIH Clone
- T6. Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)
- T6. The Alchemist Heady Topper – “Topped with Hops” (Extract – All Grain) | GigaYeast Vermont IPA Yeast
- T8. Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA – Home Brew Supply Clone
- T8. Sierra Nevada Celebration
- 10. Ballast Point Sculpin IPA – Ugly Fish IPA
Check out the complete list Zymurgy’s 2017 Best Beers in America Results
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!