SIX x Bel-Art Spinpak Stir Bars – assorted sizes
6 Pack of PTFE Stir Bars by Bel-Art
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Octagonal shape creates more turbulence and a stronger vortex than a round, cylindrical shape or a polygonal shape
- Teflon (PTFE) casing is chemically inert, can be used with corrosive chemicals, and helps reduce friction and wear while spinning
- Built-in pivot ring helps reduce vibration and wear during stirring
- Internal magnet made from alnico V, an alloy of aluminum, nickel, iron, and cobalt
- Contains six stir bars, two each in the following sizes: 1 x 0.3125″ (25.4 x 8 mm), 1.5 x 0.3125″ (38.1 x 8 mm), 2 x 0.3125″ (50.8 x 8 mm)
Use this in combination with an Erlenmeyer Flask and Stir Plate to make a yeast starter. A stir plate helps to keep yeast in constant contact with nutrients, encourages CO2 to off gas and continuously incorporates oxygen. All of that means higher cell counts.
Bel-Art Scienceware F371600000 Teflon (PTFE), Octagonal Spinpak Magnetic Stir Bar Assortment, with Pivot Ring (Pack of 6)
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
Higher Cell Counts, Decreased Lag Times, More Vigorous Fermentations, Great Warranty StirStarter Stir Plate – Hands on Review!