Looking for the Conan strain of yeast? If you’re looking to use the “Vermont IPA” Strain of yeast to take a swing at home brewing something like Alchemist Brewing’s Heady Topper here are the options.
- Dry Version! LalBrew’s American East Coast Yeast is the Conan Strain – at Adventures in Homebrewing, MoreBeer and Label Peelers – usually ships for free to US addresses
- White Labs Burlington Ale – About: “Ideal for IPAs and other hop forward beers, this yeast will provide a unique flavor profile and nice body. This is the ideal strain to make your favorite North East IPA, New England IPA or Hazy IPA.”
- Omega Yeast Lab’s Double IPA Yeast OYL-052 DIPA – About: “Ale strain isolated from a famous double IPA brewed in Vermont. Produces a unique ester profile reminiscent of peaches. This strain complements an aggressive use of hops”. There is a common thought that this is mostly likely the Conan Strain that’s used for The Alchemists Heady Topper.
- GigaYeast Double Pitch – Vermont IPA Yeast GY054 – About: “The Vermont IPA strain from Giga has a strong, growing following if you search the web. The problem is the supply has not been able to keep up with demand. MoreBeer! worked with Giga to get all they could produce and was able to offer this product via mail order delivery (it is not yet in our retail stores). We are excited because we know you are going to love it. As the name suggests this yeast is perfect in IPA’s where it leaves a beer with more body and a slight fruity ester. What really makes it stand out is that is known for being amazing when combined with aromatic hops. While perfect for IPAs it is also a good choice for any high gravity beers and hoppy styles. Broad temperature range and moderate flocculation make this yeast a versatile house strain.”
- Imperial Organic Yeast – Barbarian via MoreBeer also via Keg Connection – “Barbarian is created to mimics the yeast used in a popular Double IPA in Vermont. Barbarian is a great choice for creating balanced IPA’s. this strain produces stone fruit esters and works excellent along side citrusy hops varietals.”
If you’re looking for a homebrew clone recipe kit, MoreBeer’s “Topped with Hops” is available in both all grain and extract.
About Topped With Hops: “Based off of one of the most exceptional east coast beers (in our humble opinion) on the market, this double IPA instantly became one of our favorite ingredient kits! Our version of a Heady Topper clone recipe is packed with almost a pound of hops, and is definitely a beer that will have hopheads in hop heaven.
One of the first things we noticed when pouring this beer into the pint glass was the aroma. With a dry hop addition consisting of Amarillo, Apollo, Centennial, Columbus, and Simcoe, we weren’t necessarily surprised. Impressed is more like it. A balanced malt profile helps to tame the bitterness, allowing the hop flavor and aroma to be the true star in this recipe.”
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!
This is a Top Post! See: All Top Posts toppost:conanstrain tag:tpr rs:1