Stainless Steel False Bottom designed to keep your BIAB bag off the bottom of your kettle.More from Brew Hardware
“First is a false bottom specifically designed for Brew In A Bag process. When you use a mesh bag in a pot, whether it’s directly fired on a burner or heated electrically, you want to keep the bag off the bottom. Typical homebrew false bottoms have really small holes and cut off the free flow that mesh bags are know for. Another less desirable choice is a steamer rack or tray that is found in kitchen shops, but none of those are stainless steel.
Our units start with 1.25mm 304SS welded wire mesh on 1/2″ centers. The mesh is supported by a double outer ring, both on top and bottom of the mesh and a pair of cross braces across the middle. This support material is nearly 1/4” in diameter an very sturdy. The legs are made of M8 metric bolts and are threaded into five nuts that are welded to the mesh. This modular leg style allows for just about any height you need just by changing out the length of the bolts.
You have the choice of several lengths during purchase, electable in the drop down menu. Note that if you select “no legs”, the screen still has the welded nuts that will accept legs in the future. Without the bolt legs, the screen will sit about 1/4″ off the bottom supported by the bottom rolled ring.
While it uses a max of 5 legs, you can use it without the center leg in case your heating element is in the way.
Again, make no mistake about it. If you see another product like this on any restaurant supply store, amazon or ebay, know that they are all chrome plated steel and they will rust.”
These are available in three sizes, depending on your kettle – 13″, 14″ and 17.5″. Check Brew Hardware for current price and availability.
- STAINLESS STEEL FALSE BOTTOM FOR BREW IN A BAG (BIAB) – 13″ DIAMETER
- STAINLESS STEEL FALSE BOTTOM FOR BREW IN A BAG (BIAB) – 14.75″ DIAMETER
- STAINLESS STEEL FALSE BOTTOM FOR BREW IN A BAG (BIAB) – 17.5″ DIAMETER
- BIAB Brew Day Spreadsheet – easy water and temp calculations
- The Brew Bag – Purpose Made BIAB
- Get a Bag! Search Amazon for “BIAB Bag”
- Brew In a Bag: Brew fantastic craft beers at home using the All Grain brew in a bag method
- Small Batch, All Grain Stove Top Brewing Using BIAB
- Should You Buy a Homebrew Grain Mill?
- All Grain Tips & Gear
- BIAB: Brew in a Bag – Easy All Grain Homebrew! – Gear, Resources & Reviews
Pinned: Black Friday Roundup! – Amazon Black Friday – Keg Rebuild
More: Recent Great Deals
Prices, shipping and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit the product page. Check the product page for current price, description and availability. rp:bhbiabfalsebottoms