The Mk4 is newer and has some upgrades. Are those upgrades worth it? This post aims to help you understand those so you can pick the model that’s right for your needs.
How the Thermapen Mk4 and Classic are the Same
- 2-3 second readings
- High accuracy to ±0.7°F (±0.4°C)
- Foldaway thermocouple probe
- Display temps in °C or °F
How the Thermapen Mk4 and Classic are Different
- The Mk4 automatically wakes up when you pick it up
- Mik4 Display Auto-Rotates
- Mk4 is backlit
- Mk4 uses an (easy to find) AAA battery
- The Mk4 is waterproof while the Classic is splash-proof
Reviews of Both! Compare Mk4 vs Classic
- Hands on Review: ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk4 Thermometer
- Hands On Review: ThermoWorks Classic Thermapen
Deals On Both!
We keep a deal page for both the Classic and Mk4. These pages will reflect any current sale we’re aware of.
- Classic Thermapen | Thermapen Mk4
- If no current sale is going on, request one of our one time use coupon codes to save
Comparison Chart, Visualize the Differences
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability top:comparetp tag:tpru