Here’s a look at Thermoworks Thermapen Mk4 (Mark 4). The Mk4 boasts a number of great improvements and features including – auto rotating display, auto off with intelligent sleep and wake modes, intelligent backlight -standard, 3,000 hour battery life (now uses easy to find AAA batteries!), 3 second read times, accuracy to +- .7 deg F and… Waterproof! to IP66/67 standard.
Side by side next to the previous version – now known as the Classic Thermapen [discounted while supplies last]
The Mk4 has some additional heft. Here it is on my American Weigh Gram Scale. The previous version weighed 94.63 grams. The Mk4 comes in at 111.42 grams. About 17 grams heavier. My guess is that AAA batteries make up most of that difference.
Here’s the Mk4 in an ice water bath in my newer Klean Kanteen Vacuum Insulated Growler. This shows a couple things – First, it is reading 32 deg F. Yay! Second, you can see the rotating display in action.
After using this thermometer for years, I can highly recommend it to you. Thermoworks makes great gear and the Mk4 has lived up to expectations.
Looking for a deal on the Thermapen Mk4? Save an Additional 10% on ThermoWorks Purchases!
The previous version of Thermapen [Review] is still available
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- 15 Gallon Used Whiskey Barrels for your Homebrew! – back in stock for $129…
- 20 x 1.5″ Tri Clamp Silicone Gaskets… $11 – 55 cents each + fr…
- A Deal on TILT Bluetooth Hydrometer – FREE $25 Gift Card w/Purchase + Get …
- Super-Fast ThermoPop Thermometers – Private Open Box Sale… $21.25 f…
- MaltMuncher THREE Roller Grain Mill – $149.99, Save $30 + Free Shipping
- Two x IRIS Airtight Storage Containers [Grain Storage]… $16.30!
- Hops Sale Black Friday Hold-Over + Stock AND Get a FREE $25 Gift Card + Free Shi…
Thank you to ThermoWorks for providing me with Thermapen Mk4 for evaluation in this review.