3D Printed Tap Handles!
A while back I got an XYZprinting Da Vinci 3D Printer. I think 3D Printing has a bunch of possible applications for homebrewing. From tap handles to stir plates and on and on.
Note that the 3D printer featured in this post out of production.
- See: Amazon Best Sellers in 3D Printers for current models
Here’s a look at a 3D printed Pub Style Tap Handle designed by “InfiniTTTy” and available on thingiverse. A link to the STL files and project description can be found below.
I printed this on my XYZprinting Da Vinci 1.0 3D Printer. Here’s a look toward the beginning of the process. Note that my printer is out of production. See: Amazon Best Sellers in 3D Printers for current models
Maybe halfway throughTa Da… Printed Thing! I printed this on the Da Vinci’s Best Setting. It took about 3 hours.This also gets a decorative cap on the top. You can, of course, print either of these pieces in your choice of colors. The color is based on what color filament you’re using.Finished product. The bottoms on these end up with a little extra material that needs trimmed. I’ve been doing that with a utility knife. The one thing I would change for this build would be… get a sharper utility knife. Mine was too dull. I could have ended up with cleaner lines with a sharper knife. It’s amazing to me that I printed this.I attached the top piece on with Gorilla‘s Gorilla Super Glue. Gorilla makes some stellar products including Gorilla Duct Tape. I don’t consider it patched when using that.. I consider it permanently fixed… 🙂For size comparison. From left to right Dry Erase Board Tap Handle, 3d Printed Pub Style Handle, Standard Black Faucet HandleUpdate: HBF Reader Ray asked about material cost. Great question. I pulled out my AWS-100 Digital Gram Scale – Review – and weighed it up. It came out to 26.34 grams. This figured out to about $1.23 in filament when it was printed.Installed. Just served an oatmeal stout.
This is a nice little tap handle. I did some pulling and bending on it and it held together just fine. One of the commenters on the thingiverse page indicates that they have been using it for two years. Other styles of tap handles are available on thingiverse. Of course, if you don’t find what you like you can always… make it.
- Amazon Best Sellers in 3D Printers for current models
- Pub Style Tap Handle by InfiniTTTy on thingiverse
Got a great homebrew-related 3D printer project? Let us know so we can spread the word!
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- Kegmenter & Kegland Thermowell Deals Ending
- Ends Today: 15% Off Intertap Towers, Faucets, Accessories and Parts! at Williams…
- 6 x Akro-Mils Stacking Storage Bins [Brewery Storage and Organization] – $…
- Ends Today: Inkbird HET-F001 Digital Thermometer – homebrew, bbq & mo…
- Last Call… Limited Availability: Imperial Yeast L09 “Que Bueno̶…
- MEASUREMAN Digital Pressure Gauge… $11.97 + Spunding Valve Build
- Ends Today: 220 lbs Viking 2 Row Pale Ale Malt – for $145.78 – 66 ce…