Hands on Review: Blichmann Engineering Linear Flow Valve
Blichmann Engineering’s Linear Flow Valve was first introduced as part of their BoilerMaker G2 Kettle. It is a ball lock valve replacement. Since that kettle was released the Liner Flow Valve has been released as a separate product.
Limited Time Deal, Review Continues Below:
Holiday Sale at Great Fermentations
- Great Fermentations is discounting gear by up to 70% as part of a short Holiday Sale
- As of this posting, select Anvil and Blichmann Engineering gear is included in the mix.
- This is a rare deal as these lines are typically under a MAP agreement.
- MAP = Minimum Advertised Price. It’s an agreement between sellers and manufacturer’s not to sell an item below a certain price. This gear generally sells for about the same price no matter where you purchase it from and is rarely discounted.
Blichmann’s revolutionary Linear Flow Valve is included in the mix and on sale for $29.99.
Check Prices and Availability, Review Continues Below
Adventures in Homebrewing
The Linear Flow Valve Consists of a body and an inner removable torpedo. The body is semi-permanently installed in your kettle, while the inner is adjusted as needed and removable for cleaning.
The inside of the linear valve. There isn’t much to it. Easy to clean and sanitize.Side view of the inside of the Linear ValveThe valve bodyThe Wow Shot…That’s light you see through the Linear Valve’s body. No tools are required to take the Linear Valve apart. The valve simply unscrews and the entire inner workings pop out. No tools. When the thing just came off, it was a near jaw dropping moment for me. I’ve got my fair share of 3 piece ball valves that can be taken apart for thorough cleaning. How often do I take those apart for thorough cleaning? I wouldn’t use the word… often. The Linear Valve comes apart so easily that it will be cleaned every time I use the kettle.
Can You Install This in Any Kettle??
In my opinion, the Linear Flow Valve is revolutionary. Beyond being well thought out and well built, it’s ingenious. This valve replaces standard ball valves and offers great control (linear flow), flexibility (adjusts to any orientation) and superior cleanability (center pops out with no tools).
Check Prices and Availability:
Adventures in Homebrewing
More Blichmann Engineering Reviews!
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more