Here’s a look at MoreBeer’s inline thermometer setup. This is an all stainless setup, with stainless quick disconnects that allows you to place a thermometer inline at any point in your system.
The heart of this unit is a Fermentap Dial Thermometer
I found the inline thermometer to be well built. It also served it’s purpose well. It allows you to check the temperature at a specific point in your process. I think because liquid is moving past this thermometer, you’re getting a great picture of what the temperature actually is at any given point.
I used this to monitor my chill progress. Video…
My apologies that this video is a bit shaky at points. You can watch it for 9 minutes and 12 seconds or just realize that it took 9 minutes and 12 seconds to get to pitching temp.
My batch was about 5.25 Gallons. It took 9 minutes and 12 seconds to get to 68 degrees. Add a couple more seconds on from turning the hose on to starting the video. Ground water temp was 57.7 degrees. I’d say those are dandy results.
Results will vary based on groundwater temp. In my initial trials, I was able to get 5.25 gallons of boiling water down to pitching temp in 5 minutes. Of course, water is easier to chill than wort.
More MoreBeer Reviews+Related:
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
- Hundreds of Sale Items: ALL Sale and Clearance – By Category – Sort by: Most Popular | Best Rated
- The Hop Market – rotating, deep discount hops!
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds