Sourcing Rhizomes to Plant in Your Home Hop Garden
If you’re still needing to source rhizomes, we maintain a list of suppliers that is generally updated each hop growing season. See: Grow Your Own Hops – Rhizome Roundup!
Books and Resources: Learn about Hops and Growing Your Own Ingredients:
- The Homebrewer’s Garden, 2nd Edition: How to Grow, Prepare & Use Your Own Hops, Malts & Brewing Herbs
- The Complete Guide to Growing Your Own Hops, Malts, and Brewing Herbs – via Amazon
- The Hop Grower’s Handbook: The Essential Guide for Sustainable, Small-Scale Production for Home and Market
- Sustainable Homebrewing: An All-Organic Approach to Crafting Great Beer
- Gardening for the Homebrewer: Grow and Process Plants for Making Beer, Wine, Gruit, Cider, Perry, and More
- Adventures in Homebrewing – Free PDF Guide on Hop Growing
- MoreBeer – Free Guide on growing hops – available via the documents section of any hop rhizome offering
- Oregon State University Hop Resources
- Growing Hops in the Home Garden
- Growing and Curing Hops – PDF File – via the USDA
Books & Resources about Hops
Note that these titles aren’t necessarily focused on growing on planting rhizomes. They are more about hops in general.
- For The Love of Hops: The Practical Guide to Aroma, Bitterness and the Culture of Hops (Brewing Elements)
- The Hops List: 265 Beer Hop Varieties From Around the World Kindle Edition
- The Hops List – Also via MoreBeer… The Hops List (Book) in Paperback
- MoreBeer’s Massive List of Hops
Deals on Hops!
Deal on Bulk Grain