FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealer [Seal Hops and More] + Hands on Review
FoodSaver V2244 sealing pellet hops. Photo via my review. See: Hands on Review
Model V2244 Vacuum Sealing System by FoodSaver. Removable dishwasher safe drip tray, includes accessory port and hose, push button operation. This is a great vacuum sealer. Check out my Hands on Review.More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- STRETCH YOUR DOLLAR: Meat preserved with the FoodSaver System in the freezer can last up to 3 years and still taste fresh, flavorful, and freezer-burn free. Prep-ahead meals, leftovers, and produce stored in the fridge will stay fresh up to weeks later instead of spoiling in days
- #1 VACUUM SEALING SYSTEM: FoodSaver keeps food fresh up to 5x longer compared to ordinary storage methods. LED light indicators easily guide you through the vacuum sealing process. Just press the vacuum and seal button to remove the air that causes freezer burn and spoilage
- EASY LOCK AND LATCH: One-handed operation lets you easily lock the lid with a simple turn compared to other competitive units that require considerable force with two hands to close and lock the lid
- SEAL WET AND DRY ITEMS: No need for multiple modes. The patented removable drip tray will catch any overflow liquid and is dishwasher safe, making this kitchen appliance easy to clean and maintain
- NRTL TESTED & CERTIFIED PRODUCT: All FoodSaver appliances are ETL or UL certified by Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories (NRTLs) for compliance with applicable product safety test standards. Safety is our #1 priority
- COMPATIBLE WITH FRESH HANDHELD SEALER & OTHER ACCESSORIES: Attach the handheld sealer (sold separately) with the accessory hose included with your machine to start preserving food in the refrigerator and pantry with FoodSaver Zipper Bags and Fresh Containers. Other optional accessories include regular and wide-mouth Mason jar sealers and bottle stoppers for wine and oil bottles
Why would you want a FoodSaver for homebrewing? Vacuum sealers are indispensable for storing hops. You can save money by getting in on bulk [See: Recent Hop Finds] hop buys. Use your vacuum sealer to break these up and to preserve freshness. You can also store specialty grains in vacuum bags or using the mason jar attachment. Other uses include: storing base grains, partial dry yeast packs and storing and preserving other beer ingredients.
FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealer Machine for Food Preservation with Bags and Rolls Starter Kit | #1 Vacuum Sealer System | Compact & Easy Clean | UL Safety Certified
Scored quart Ball jars for $3.33/case of 12 thanks to Target’s inability to hire competent people. PS: I bought three cases.
Generic jars are about $1 cheaper at WalMart btw. I wouldn’t trust them, but some do.
Good deal for anybody who lives far from town.
Wally World and WinCo both sell narrow-mouth quarts (such as these) for $9.40. Wide-mouth quarts are $10.40.