For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Looking a deal on a homebrew refractometer? These are our most recently featured deals on refractometers and related items. This list may be blank if we’re not currently tracking anything. Note: Availability, price and shipping costs can change quickly. Check each product or sale page to get up to the minute information.
Recent Refractometer Deals:
- SainSmart Brix Refractometer – 0-32% Brix – $15.99
- RSG-100ATC Dual Scale Refractometer w/ATC – $17.00 + 75 Cents Shipping
-  x ~12″ (300 mm) Sample Pipettes – $15.40, 15 Cents Each
- Dual Scale Refractometer – Aluminum Body + ATC – $16.90 + Free Prime…
- Reader Tip: Rhino Waterproof Digital Wort Refractometer – $128 + Free Ship…
- Dual Scale Refractometer with ATC- $19.50 + Free Shipping
Resource Pages and Reviews:
- Yeast Starters & Fermentation
- Inkbird Dual Stage Temp Controller
- Maintaining Fermentation Temps in Colder Weather
- Hands on Review: Milwaukee MA871 Digital Refractometer
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- New Case of 12 x 22 Oz “Bomber” Beer Bottles – $14.95 + free s…
- Heat Resistant Glove [Minding Yeast Starters & Brew Day]…. $3.76! + F…
- 50′ Stainless Steel Immersion Wort Chiller with No-Leak Fittings and Acces…
- 20% Off 21st Amendment Bitter American Kits at MoreBeer
- 12″ Stainless Steel False Bottom – $22.25 + free prime ship
- Whole Hops Closeout – Save 50%!
- Beat MAP Pricing! Robobrew All Grain Brewing System + Hands on Review