For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Looking a deal on a homebrew refractometer? These are our most recently featured deals on refractometers and related items. This list may be blank if we’re not currently tracking anything. Note: Availability, price and shipping costs can change quickly. Check each product or sale page to get up to the minute information.
Recent Refractometer Deals:
- Refractometer with ATC – $15.30 + Free Shipping
- RSG-100ATC Dual Scale Refractometer w/ATC – $16.59 + 75 Cents Shipping
- Dual Scale Refractometer with ATC – $17.99!
- Dual Scale Refractometer with ATC- $19.50 + Free Shipping
Resource Pages and Reviews:
- Yeast Starters & Fermentation
- Inkbird Dual Stage Temp Controller
- Maintaining Fermentation Temps in Colder Weather
- Hands on Review: Milwaukee MA871 Digital Refractometer
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- Digital Caliper [measure fittings, o-rings and more] – Lightning Deal
- GE Handy Switch – for Keg, Carboy and Draft Line Cleaner Pumps – $6.…
- Periodic Table of Beer Styles Poster – $10.97 + Free Shipping
- Ends Soon: St Patrick’s Mad Leprechaun Red Ale – $23.79 + Free Shipp…
- Canada: Inkbird Dual Stage Temperature Controller – CDN$ 42.08 + Free Ship…
- 12″ Stainless Steel False Bottom – $32.99 + Free Shipping via eBay
- Pre-Wired 110 Volt AC Fan [Kegerator Recirculating Fan or Stir Plate Build] R…