I just received my Atago PAL-1 Professional quality, digital refractometer in the mail yesterday! I look forward to using this on a brew day and doing a more in depth hands on review. For now, here are a few first look pictures.
This comes in a nice storage case with a protective styrofoam insert. The box reads: Proudly made in Japan 100%. Good Design Award. Tokyo Tech Award. High Quality.
Top view of the storage case.
Inside view of the case
Bottom of the unit. The battery cover has a gasket, because… this thing is waterproof.
On, calibrated and reading 0 Brix. This is easy to calibrate, place a few drops of distilled water on the glass, hit start. If the reading is 0, you’re good to go, if not, hit the zero button.
So far… I’m impressed with this refractometer. I’m looking forward to using it the next time I brew.
Atago PAL-1 Professional Grade, Digital Refractometer for $273.99 + $7.50 Shipping.
This is the best price, that I can recall, on an Atago PAL-1 Digital Refractometer. For comparison, Amazon’s offering is currently selling for $305 - Here.
NEW! Atago PAL-1 Digital 0-53% Brix Refractometer 32 - $273.99 + $7.50 Shipping
Also Consider: Dual Scale Refractometer + Zipper Bag Soft Case - $22.70 Shipped
- Great Deal: Dual Scale Refractometer + Zipper Bag Soft Case – $22.70 Shipped
- Great Deal: 7.5″ Polymer Drip Tray - $6.99 Shipped
- New 5 Gallon Ball Lock Keg - $123.99 Shipped
- 13 Gallon Food Safe Drums for Fermenters and Grain Storage
- Atago PAL-1 Professional Grade Digital Refractometer - $281.49 Shipped
- Three Stainless Drip Tray Deals
- Brew Hauler Carboy Carrier - $9.49 Shipped
- 6 Gallon and 6.5 Gallon Carboys – from $48.75 Shipped
- 6 Lbs Fresh 2012 Crop Whole Hops - from $9.66/lb Shipped