East Coast Yeast specializes in artisanal yeast blends and pure yeast strains of long forgotten and difficult to find yeasts.
East Coast Yeast has released their new Senne Valley Blend, ECY31
About… ” Intended for primary fermentations due to the portfolio of wild oxidative yeasts. Emulating ales by employing similar microflora recently observed from a prominent Lambic producer, this new blend includes various unique yeasts (Debaryomyces, Priceomyces , Wickerhamomyces, and Pichia). Contributes to aroma through the production of volatile compounds and higher terpenol flavors. Rounding out the blend : Lactic bacteria, Wild-type Saccharomyces from the Senne Valley, and multiple strains of Brettanomyces bruxellensis. Extremely wild with notes of smokey barnyard, musty funk, and ethyl acetate. We recommend ageing a minimum of one (1) year.”
Availability of ECY is sketchy at best. It’s my understanding they are a small operation. When pitches become available they generally sell out quickly.
This search sorts by availability – Available strains will show up first. Shipping is free with a $75 order. Grab supplies for your next beer and score free shipping.
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- Ready Made Spunding Valve – $29.99 + Free Pint Promo
- 2 Way Expandable CO2 Manifold System – $23.99, Save $6 + Hands on Review
- 10′ 1/2″ ID (7/8″ OD) High Temp Silicone Tubing – coming…
- 30 Vanilla Beans – 10 Each of 3 Types – $37.95, $1.27 Each + Free Sh…
- (20) 9″ x 6″ Scouring Pads – $7.20… 36 Cents Each