Why a Stir Plate? The constant motion of a stir plate integrates oxygen, puts yeast in constant contact with nutrients, relieves built up CO2 and generally helps yeast to grow more rapidly. That also means smaller starters.
I have this stir bar and it works great. The vortex to the right was created with the help of this stir bar. See: The HBF Stir Plate Mounting-Thingy for more info.
3/24/17 3 PM Central; This 6 pack of highly rated stir bars is selling for just $13.49. Shipping to most US addresses is also free with Prime Membership [Try Prime for Free] or a qualifying order. Price, shipping and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for up to the minute price and availability. See Recent Amazon Finds and our Amazon Fillers Resource Page to help you put together an order that qualifies for free shipping.
Also available in single and 10 packs…
- SEOH Magnetic Stir Bar Plain PTFE 6 x 25mm Pack of 10
- SEOH Magnetic Stir Bar Plain PTFE 6 x 25mm New
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- 2 lb Organic Cacao Nibs – coming up on Lightning Deals
-  Spiegelau IPA Glasses – $28.13, $7.03 Each + Hands on Review
- RSG-100ATC Dual Scale Refractometer w/ATC – $12.27 + $5.09 shipping
- 10 EZ Lok Brass Inserts (for DIY Tap Handles) – $4.90
- 10 Stick on Thermometers – $6.99