The Barley Crusher Grain Mill via Adventures in Homebrewing. I’ve used the Barley Crusher for years and years. I couldn’t find the order confirmation, but I got it sometime in 2010. It’s a great mill.
Milling your own grain… 1. Gives you control over the crush of your grain. That’s a big factor in efficiency. A mill allows you to fine tune for your equipment and process. 2. A mill allows you to save money by buying whole bags of grain. 3. Freshly milled grain = better tasting beer. and… 4. Mad street cred… 🙂About the Barley Crusher
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The Original Barley Crusher MaltMill, the “Home Brewer’s Best Friend” has proven to be just that. A high quality grain mill constructed using materials that will last a lifetime, 1018 Cold Rolled Steel for the rollers, 6061 Aluminum for the mill body and hopper, tool steel for the axles with Oil Impregnated bronze bushings.
Base easily fits a 5 gallon bucket.
Precision machining with Quality Control and a LifeTime Warranty assures the homebrewer that this will be the only grain mill they will ever purchase!
- Rollers are adjustable at both ends to keep the gap spacing parallel giving a uniform crush along the entire length of the rollers.
- The gap default setting is marked and set at .039 at assembly. Adjustment range is from .015 to .070 thousands of an inch.
- The rollers have a 12 TPI knurl to efficiently pull the grain through the rollers while leaving the hull intact to form an excellent filter bed for sparging.
- Comes with a solid base with locators to center the Barley Crusher on a 5 gallon plastic pail. (Pail not included)
- The standard hopper holds an even 7 pounds and the optional large hopper holds 15 pounds. Using a 3/8 drillmotor at 500 RPM gives you a crush rate of 6 pounds a minute making the big grain bills fast and easy.
- The Barley Crusher is shipped fully assembled. There are no adapters needed to use a 3/8 drill motor.
- The Barley Crusher is NOT designed for cracking/milling corn
As of this posting, this combo is marked down $34.99 to $122. Check product page for current price, description and availability.
Get Free Shipping: As of this posting, Adventures in Homebrewing is offering free shipping on most orders of $49 or more with a few exclusions. See AIH’s terms and conditions for full details, but this does bundle with many of their existing sale items! No promo code is needed. Applies to lower 48 US states. FREE Shipping at AIH! | Sale Items.
Also: Check out AIH Sale Items – Selection Changes Regularly
More: Recent AIH Finds