Charlie, the guy behind Magnum Media, is a great guy and a fellow Homebrewer. Magnum Media specializes in making instruments like refractometers and pH meters.
Some of their products include…
- Magnum Media DUAL SCALE 0-32% Brix and 1.000-1.130SG Wort Refractometer RSG-100ATC Beer Home Brew
- Magnum Media ACCURATE pH-009 pH Meter Digital Pocket-Sized Pen Type pH Meter, Mini Water Quality Tester, pH 0.0 – 14.0 Measuring Range, 0.1pH Resolution with Storage Sponge
- BREWfractometerTM – 0-32% Brix and 1.000-1.140% Wort Specific Gravity ATC Refractometer – World’s Most Accurate
- BREWfractometerTM Extreme (BREWx) – 0-40% Brix and 1.000-1.180% Wort Specific Gravity ATC Refractometer
- Magnum Media PRB-32ATC 0.0-32.0% PROFESSIONAL ATC Brix Refractometer Wine Beer WORT Sugar, SUPER HEAVY DUTY!
Common scales for refractometers include SG and Brix. There are more scales out there. Charlie wants to know if you have any interest in other scales for use as a homebrewer?
More about the RSG-100ATC…
Gravity to Brix Accuracy
Typical dual scale refractometers use a linear 4 x gravity to Brix conversion. That’s fine and dandy up until around 1.049. At that point this linear scale starts to become inaccurate. Brix 11 does equal 1.044, but Brix 12 does not equal 1.048. It is 1.049. It’s only 1 point off here, but up at Brix 24, it’s up to 5 points off. Brix 24 equals 1.101 not 1.096.
All this to say that this model of refractometer uses a more accurate, non-linear gravity to Brix scale.
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer.
- Grab this Refractometer & measure your pre-fermented Wort in seconds with just DROPS of wort
- Dual Scale Refractometer: 0-32% Brix & 1.000-1.130 Wort Specific Gravity
- Scale Resolution: 0.2% Brix and 0.001 Wort Specific Gravity
- Accuracy: +/-0.2% Brix and +/-0.001 Wort Specific Gravity
- Comes with Automatic Temperature Compensation from 10-30’C(50-86’F)
I recently picked up these transfer pippettes. They are a whopping 300 mm/11.8″ Long. After using these for one beer, I can tell you that they are long enough to grab a refractometer sample from a 5 gallon batch in a Speidel 7.9 Gallon Fermenter.
Limited Time: 15% Off Cleaners and Sanitizers
Recent Amazon Finds: