More Beer teamed up with Vinnie Cilurzo to put together a recipe kit for Russian River Consecration. The recipe is directly from Vinnie. From what I gather, these kits are very popular. Along those lines, at times, they can have a hard time keeping them in stock.
The extract version has been out of stock. I just noticed it’s available to order again. That means, All versions are available as of this posting.
A bit about the recipe… “Beer lovers rejoice! Vinnie from Russian River Brewing Co. has released his Consecration recipe to us, and we’re very proud to be able to offer it to the homebrewing community. Consecration is a sour dark ale aged in a Cabernet Sauvignon barrel. It is aged for 4 to 8 months with currants and brettanomyces. You can look for rich flavors of chocolate truffle, spice, tobacco, currants, and a bit of Cabernet.” (keep reading)
Check them out – Here
A note on Consecration: I’m not big on picking favorites. I think there are far too many good things to pick favorites on most things. Having said that, if I were going to write down a list of my favorite beers, Consecration would certainly be towards the top. This is an amazing beer.
Also Consider: All Sale and Clearance Items
Pinned: $4 Kentucky Bourbon Staves! · Hop Finds · PurePitch Yeast · 20% Off @ GF
Commercial Beer Replication & Clone Recipes:
• More Beer’s BrewMaster Series of Kits – All Grain – Extract – These are collaborations directly with brewers. They are the actual recipe. Includes some great selections including Pliny (one of the best beers to come out of my home brewery- See Brewing Pliny), Firestone Walker Pale 31, Firestone Walker Double Barrel IPA and lots more. Bundles With Free Shipping
• Adventures in Homebrewing’s Clone Selection – includes Arrogant Bastard, Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Pliny, Chimay Red, Short’s Brewing Soft Parade, Fat Tire, SNPA, Pliny the Elder, Oberon, Two Hearted, Hopslam, Racer 5, Newcastle, The Dark Lord and a more.
• Rogue Brewing Extract Kits – Brutal IPA, Hazel Nut Brown, Shakespeare Stout and Dead Guy Ale. Alternate Source
• Craft Beer for the Homebrewer – Craft Beer for the Homebrewer contains a bunch of great craft beer recipes including one for 8 Bit Pale Ale from Tallgrass Brewing Company One of my favorite beers. Recipes Include: 8 Bit Pale Ale, Capt’n Crompton’s Pale Ale, Elevated IPA, Furious, Hop Stoopid, Maharaja, Spiral Jetty, Thrust!, Watershed IPA, Buffalo Sweat, La Cumbre Malpais Stout, Smoke, Snowstorm 2009, Bittersweet Lenny’s RIPA, Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’, Rugbrod, Wiley’s Rye Ale, Allagash Black, Curieux, Matacabras, Funkwerks Saison, Avery Brewing Salvation, Red Eye Brewing Scarlet 7, Saison Rue, Odell Brewing 90 Shilling Ale, Rogue Dead Guy Ale, El Lector from Cigar City Brewing, Rogue Hazelnute Brown Nectar, Hellion, Ill-Tempered Gnome from Oakshire Brewing, Marble Brewery’s Imperial Red Ale, Kolsch 151 from Blue Mountain Brewer, Stone Levitation, Troegs Brewing Nugget Nectar and Xenu from Cigar City Brewing.
• Clone Brews, 2nd Edition: Recipes for 200 Brand-Name Beers
• Great Fermentations has a number of commercial replications, including beers similar to Fat Tire, Founder’s All Day IPA, Two Hearted, Zombie Dust, Gumball Head and 60 Minute IPA. Recipes are available in all grain and extract.
• RiteBrew has several clone kits including… New Glarus Spotted Cow, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Full Sail Amber, Moose Drool, Guinness and Boston Lager
• Label Peelers has recipes for Arrogant Bastard and Stone IPA