Looking to start All Grain home brewing or kick your mashing game up to the next level? We’ve got you covered! This is all grain homebrew resource page. This is organized by subject so you can easily find what you’re looking for.
- Brooklyn BrewShop – via Amazon, has a lineup of small batch all grain recipes and equipment kits that are generally economical and get you homebrewing small batches of all grain beer.
- Top Post: Small Batch, All Grain Stove Top Brewing + Water Calculation Spreadsheet – our step by step technique for brewing stop top all grain batches easily and on the cheap
- Our New Brewers Guide
Mash Tuns, Mashing and Coolers
- Stainless Steel 10 Gallon Cooler Mash Tun Conversion Kit – Review
- William’s Brewing 12″ False Bottom – includes protective silicone lip & wort pickup tube
- Building a Mash Tun – step by step from the AHA – uses this style of cooler – Coleman 48-Quart Cooler – via Amazon
- Igloo 10 Gallon Seat Top Beverage dispenser with spigot and Cup Dispenser – via Amazon. This is the cooler I use with Brew Hardware’s conversion kit. See: Hands On Review: Brew Hardware’s Cooler Mash Tun Conversion Kit – Making a Mash Tun
- [Recent Cooler Deals] – More [includes expired] – note not all of these will be appropriate for use as mash tun. This tag can also show cooler based ready made mash tuns.
Mash Paddles and Stirring
- 24″ Stainless Brewer’s Whisk – Extract, All Grain and Whirlpooling – via Amazon – This fantastic whisk works great as a mash paddle & more – Review
- This seller – on eBay – periodically has some nice hand made wood mash paddles for generally reasonable prices
- Mash Paddle – 36 inch Stainless Steel (With Drilled Holes) AG431A – via MoreBeer
- King Kooker 3604 36-Inch Stainless Steel Paddle – via Amazon
- [Recent Mash Paddle Finds] – More [includes expired]
Brew in a Bag [BIAB]
- The Brew Bag – Purpose Made BIAB – Review – 10% Off Sitewide – available in a variety of ready made sizes along with Made to Order options
- Brew in a Bag Accessories – pulleys, gloves, BIAB friendly kettle thermometers
- Carolina North Hang ’em High Hand Chain Hoist, Hook Mount, 250 lbs Capacity – via Amazon
- Brew in a Bag Straining Bag, 24″ x 26″ – via Amazon
- Disposable Elastic Top BIAB Bags – via Amazon
- Wilser Mesh BIAB Bags – via Brew Hardware
- BIAB Brew Day Spreadsheet – Free from HBF… Easy water and temperature calculations
- Stainless Steel False Bottom for BIAB – via Brew Hardware – designed to keep your BIAB bag off the bottom of your kettle
- Top Post: BIAB: Brew in a Bag – Easy All Grain Homebrew! – Gear, Resources & Reviews
- [Recent Posts Tagged BIAB] – More [includes expired]
Grain Mills and Milling Grain
Crush is a pretty big deal when it comes to efficiency. Homebrew shops have a tendency to under mill grain. I think the reason for that is ease of use, with the thinking that a more coarse crush equals few stuck mashes and more happy customers. I guess it’s possible that a shop mill could over mill grain too. The point is, when you’re using someone else’s mill, it’s up to them how you mill your grain.
Milling your own grain… 1. Gives you control over the crush of your grain. That’s a big factor in efficiency. 2. A mill allows you to fine tune for your equipment and process. You know what the crush is going to be since you set it. 3. A mill allows you to save money by buying whole bags of grain at a discount, and 3. The shelf life of unmilled grain is longer than pre-milled grain. Freshly milled grain = better tasting beer.
- Cereal Killer Grain Mill – via AiH – one of the best everyday deals on a homerew grain mill – Hands on Review
- MaltMuncher Pro Motorized Grain Mill from MoreBeer
- MaltMuncher Mills and Motors from William’s Brewing – includes two and three roller grain mills and add-ons to motorize these mills
- The Barley Crusher
- Monster Mill – Mills and Accessories – 2 and 3 roller options
- [Recent Posts Tagged Grain Mills] – More [includes expired]
All Grain-Related Reviews:
A collection of reviews that we’ve tagged as directly or indirectly related to all grain brewing
- Hands on Review: Blichmann Engineering RIMS Rocket!
- Hands on Review: Spike Brewing Equipment Spike+ Kettle
- Hands on Review: Anvil Brewing Equipment Forge Propane Burner
- Hands on Review: Blichmann Engineering AutoSparge
- Hands on Review: Ss Brewtech InfuSsion Mash Tun
- Hands on Review: Wort Hog Turnkey Electric e-BIAB System!
- Hands on Review: Milwaukee MW102 and PH55 pH Meters
- Hands On Review: Cereal Killer Two Roller Adjustable Homebrew Grain Mill
- Hands On Review: Anvil Grain Scale
- Hands On Review: The Brew Bag – Purpose Made BIAB
- Hands On Review: Captain Crush, Adjustable Three Roller Grain Mill – Inclu…
- Hands On Review: 1000 Watt Heat Stick with Temp Trial
- Hands On Review: Rubbermaid Commercial Product 1 Gallon Bouncer Pitcher
- Hands On Review: Brew Hardware’s Cooler Mash Tun Conversion Kit – Ma…
Bulk Grain Storage Options
- Vittles Vault Airtight Stackable Pet Food Container – popular for grain storage – via Amazon
- Gamma Seal Lids via Amazon – works with standard 5 gallon buckets. The base stays installed on the bucket and the lid spins off easily and has an airtight seal. No more prying off bucket lids. My estimate for storage capacity is about 5 lbs per gallon. So, a 5 gallon bucket holds about 25 lbs of grain. That’s an estimate.
- Resource Post: Storage Options! – Base Grain, Specialty Grain and DME
- [Recent Posts Tagged Grain Storage] – More [includes expired]
Electric All Grain Systems and Induction
- Hands on Review: Brewer’s Edge Mash & Boil Electric Brewery
- Hands on Review: Robobrew All Grain Brewing System
- Hands on Review: Wort Hog Turnkey Electric e-BIAB System
- PicoBrew Zymatic Electric Brew System – via Adventures in Homebrewing
- BrewEasy Systems from Blichmann – via Adventures in Homebrewing – includes electric and gas options
- The Best Deal on a Grainfather with Connect Controller
- Speidel Braumeister Electric Systems and Accessories – via MoreBeer
- [Recent Posts Tagged Induction] – More [includes expired]
- Induction Heat Sources for Home Brewing via Brew Your Own Magazine
I use my homebrew pump for vorlaufing/recirculating, transferring from my mash tun to brew kettle, chilling with a recirculating wort chiller and transferring to my fermenter. You could also use a brewing pump to recirculate ice water for your wort chiller. Pumps are a necessity if you want to use a plate chiller. You really need one to properly clean and sanitize your plate chiller. Smaller pumps could be used as part of a brew system solely for moving wort from vessel to vessel. In addition a lower temperature capable self priming pump is available for moving uncarbonated, but fermented beer and wine from vessel to vessel.
- March High Flow Pump – via MoreBeer
- Chugger, Stainless Steel, Center Inlet – via Adventures in Homebrewing
- MARK II WORT PUMP – via William’s Brewing
- Homebrew Pump Discounts, Deals and Resources – homebrew pump uses, recent deals + available models and manufacturers
All Grain Recipe Formulation and Calculations
- Homebrewing Spreadsheets – Brewing Spreadsheet, Brew in a Bag and Small Batch – Homebrew Finds designed and tested – quick and easy water and temperature calculation for three common scenarios.
- brewersfriend.com Coupons – Brewer’s Friend – Deals, Discounts and Coupons
- Free Brewing Calculators from MoreBeer
- Designing Great Beers: The Ultimate Guide to Brewing Classic Beer Styles by Ray Daniels via Amazon
Water and pH
- Hands On: 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter by Reverse Osmosis Revolution
- Water: A Comprehensive Guide for Brewer by Palmer and Kaminski – via Amazon
- EMD ColorpHast pH Strips + Tip
- Amazon Best Sellers in Lab pH Meters
- Hands on Review: Milwaukee MW102 and PH55 pH Meters
Miscellaneous Gear and Tips
- Rubbermaid Commercial Products Gallon Pitcher – Review
- Putting Together a “Brew Day Box”
- Tip: Rubbermaid Commercial Bus Tubs for Brew Day
- 1/2″ ID x 3/4″ OD High Temp Silicone Tubing – via Pro Flow Dynamics
- Top Post: Camlock Cam & Groove Disconnects for Brew Day
- Top Post: Short On Time? Time Saving Homebrew Tips!
- Top Post: Four Easy Upgrades for Brew Day