Adventures in Homebrewing has introduced a line of hop resin syringes. Simcoe, Mosaic, Columbus and Cascade Resins are available.
An excerpt from the description: Hop Extract is produced using a supercritical CO2 process which extracts the soft resins and essential oils that exist with in hops.
BENEFITS OF UTILIZING CO2 HOP EXTRACT
Hop extract is pure resin extract of hops containing alpha acids, beta acids, and hop oils. It is primarily used as a kettle ingredient to provide bitterness. Variety specific flavor/aroma contributions can be expected when used for late kettle or whirlpool additions.
The following are benefits of utilizing hop extract:
- Increased final volume through reduced kettle trub
- Reduced hot-side brew kettle foam formation during the boil
- Bitterness, flavor, and aroma via late boil additions
- Variety specific hop character and related notes in beer
- Reduced vegetal and polyphenol flavor contribution
- Increased alpha utilization approx. 5% over regular hops/pellets
- Excellent stability of alpha acids, beta acids and hop oils
- Extended shelf life and reduced storage requirements
As of this posting, these are selling for $4.99 and found on AIH’s Cryo Hops page. Check AIH for current pricing and availability.
Also: Recent Hop Finds
Also: Check out AIH Sale Items – Selection Changes Regularly
More: Recent AIH Finds