Happybuy Grain Mill Homebrew 2 Roller Barley Grinder 13-22lbs/h Grain Mill Electric 40PRM Malt Grain Mill for Grinding Various Grains Spice (Electric)
- Roller: 6″x1.5″diameter (15×3.8cm diamter); Output rate: 13-22lbs/h (6-10kg/h)
- Adjustable rollers at both ends to give uniform crush. Adjustable range: 0 – 0.065″
- The DY368 grain mill is a sturdy mill with an aluminum hopper that can hold up to 11 lbs of grains at one time
- The roller is using food grade stainless steel, which has molybdenum added to its alloy content during production
- This DY368 grain mill is perfect for large batches and high efficiency milling
Crush is a pretty big deal when it comes to efficiency. Homebrew shops have a tendency to under mill grain. I think the reason for that is ease of use, with the thinking that a more coarse crush equals few stuck mashes and more happy customers. I guess it’s possible that a shop mill could over mill grain too. The point is, when you’re using someone else’s mill, it’s up to them how you mill your grain.
Milling your own grain… 1. Gives you control over the crush of your grain. That’s a big factor in efficiency. 2. A mill allows you to fine tune for your equipment and process. You know what the crush is going to be since you set it. 3. A mill allows you to save money by buying whole bags of grain at a discount, and 3. The shelf life of unmilled grain is longer than pre-milled grain. Freshly milled grain = better tasting beer.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for current description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
More: Recent Amazon Finds