Stainless Steel Reducing Coupler for Chugger Center Pumps
- 3/4″ FPT tp 1/2″ MPT
- Hex nut for easy secure fit
- 304 stainless steel
- Reduces size from 3/4″ to 1/2 standard
Center inlet Chugger Pumps are a little different compared to most high temp homebrew pumps with regards to fittings. Most homebrew pumps are 1/2″ NPT threads on both the “in” side and the “out” side. The center inlet pump is 1/2″ NPT on the “out” side and 3/4″ NPT on the inlet side. Some people want this to be 1/2″ also, so a fitting is required.
This fitting is nice because it is female to male. A lot of ball valves are female, so this would allow you put a female threaded ball valve on without the aid of another fitting.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for current description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
- Brass Adapter 3/4″ Female x 1/2″ male – via Amazon
- Adventures in Homebrewing has a stainless 1/2″ FPT to 3/4″ FPT reducer. That is a female to female fitting and is an available option on their Center Inlet Chugger offering
- If you use Cam Lock QDs on your setup, Brew Hardware has a custom type A designed specifically for this purpose.
- Stainless Steel Reducing Coupler for Chugger Center Pumps – via Amazon
More: Recent Amazon Finds