Craft Brewer Dual Scale Refractometer – ATC – Brix 0-32% and Specific Gravity 1.000-1.145, Beer and Wine Making.
Aluminum construction, includes storage case, pipette, cleaning cloth and instructions
- Dual Scale: Brix 0-32% and Specific Gravity 1.000-1.145 refractometer
- ATC – Auto Temperature Correction 50°F~86°F (10°C~30°C)
- Durable aluminum construction with premium optical lens
- Quick and accurate measurements,easy to calibrate
- Comes with hard case, screwdriver, pipette, cleaning cloth, instructions in English
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for current description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
More: Recent Amazon Finds