Brass Draft Beer Shank Cold Block for Glycol Chilling Line Kegerator Cold Block Shank Chiller for Glycol Installations
“The Cold Block is designed to thread onto your faucet shank and pinch a glycol cold line between the “jaws” of the two pieces. This is an advanced optional component for the discerning kegerator builder. Whereas a block constructed from aluminum is very poor at retaining temperature due to high thermal conductivity, brass has a considerably lower thermal conductivity rating. This is a fancy way of meaning it will get cold and stay cold, keeping your beer chilled all the way from keg to faucet to glass. Note: some beers have more desirable flavor profiles at warmer temperatures, but if you’re going for refreshing, there’s few things better than a frosty pour.”
This threads onto a standard beer shank and accepts a glycol line. The idea is to keep your shanks cold and reduce foam.
Most homebrewers are not going to have a glycol setup. You could rig up a recirculating pump and recirculate water to accomplish the same sort of thing. You would need to make sure your tubing size is compatible with the blocks. Install one on each shank and loop your glycol/recirculating water line across them all.
As if this posting, this is eBay offering is selling for $19.99. Shipping is also free to select addresses. Check the listing for up to the minute price, description and availability.
Also:Our Top Draft Resources
- Portable Draft Beer Serving Options!
- Serve Homebrew & Sanke Kegs on Any Kegerator
- Tips and Gear for Growler Filling
- Mark II Keg & Carboy Cleaner… As a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning …
- Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Build
- Damp Kegerator? Fix Kegerator Condensation
- Balancing Your Draft System
- What’s the Difference Between Ball Lock Kegs and Pin Lock Kegs?
- Kegerator Beer Line Temperatures & Reducing Foam with a Recirculating Fan
- Kegging CO2 Use Estimations and Calculations
- Home Brew Keg Roundup – New & Used, 5 and 2.5 Gallon & More!
- 5 Recent Homebrew Keg Finds
- Step by Step: Finding and Fixing Keg CO2 Leaks
- Bulk Keg Orings and Keg Repair Part Numbers
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- 20% Off Hops – with 8 pack purchase via William’s Brewing – st…
- FoodSaver FM2000-FFP Vacuum Sealing System [for Hops & More] – $37.50…
- Black Friday For Homebrewers – Sales That Are Ending Tonight
- Flash Sale: 5 Gallon Racetrack Ball Lock Kegs – $19.99!